Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mid August


Don't you love this time of year? Mid August. I didn't realize how much I liked it until last week when we drove by the sunflower field that somehow appeared a few years ago near our town. It's always a happy surprise to see the yellow blooms between fields of tall green corn stalks.

I just couldn't help myself and had to sit down to paint one of those sun-loving beauties today. This is a small, 5" x 5" wrap-around painting that will fit just about anywhere in the house.

The only thing I'm not really looking forward to is the kids going back to school again. I know, it's time and they need to, but I absolutely love it when they're home in the summer. It's never long enough (as my son would quickly agree) but I do have to admit that more work will be done by all when school's back in session!

No comments:

Post a Comment